Tuesday, December 13, 2022

SWEET CANDY CANES


I cased a card I watched THIS video on YouTube and decided to make one.  I love how one of the dies from the bundle cuts out the candy canes from one of the sheets in the designer series paper.  

Update on our Granddaughter in the PA program.  Weather cooperated and we made it to the ceremony last Friday.  It was so special being able to watch her receive her White Coat.  She will now have 11-12 months of rotations in various hospitals.  The down side is that she will not be able to have any kind of a job but still has to arrange for places to stay......3 times in Chicago!  She has been able to arrange with various relatives and friends of friends for most of the placements.

We were able celebrate with a family meal after the ceremony but then Allissa needed to get home to study.  She had a final yesterday which covered the entire program thus far and she was nervous.  Last night I got a message from her and she wanted to let us know that she DID pass all of her finals.   (We had no doubt about her passing.) I told her we had every faith in her that she would.  Now for a break for the holidays.

Thank you for coming by today!
 

2 comments:

Wanda said...

Beautiful card. SO many regrets. I did not get that set.

Cheryl W said...

I don't like to eat candy canes, but I sure like to put them on cards. Your card is fabulous! It definitely would be nice to have a die and coordinating paper on which you could use the die. I imagine that speeds up the cardmaking a lot!

Joey Hartman is another demonstrator that I recently discovered on YouTube.   This  video was about making 5-minute cards.  She was having s...