Wednesday, August 23, 2023

PETAL PARK STAMPS AND PUNCH

I think I mentioned on one of my posts that I have been donating all of my extra cards (which is a lot) to the Iowa Veterans Home.  I already have enough cards made to show for part of September so I have decided to see how many Christmas cards I can get done and delivered to the Veterans Home in time for them to use for Christmas.  Yesterday, I was able to make 24 cards beginning to end and also add some sentiments to cards that were already started.  I'll get a count of what I have so far and try to remember to update you on how I'm doing.  SO.....because I really want to concentrate on that project, the posts on my blog will hopefully continue to show cards that I have made recently like below but will probably have very little explanation.  Eventually I will show you cards that I am making for the Veterans Home.


I saw THIS video on YouTube and really liked the card.  My first try is a little washed out.  I was a lot happier with my second card below.

Thank you for coming by today!


 

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Very pretty! I love the soft colors. It's nice that you donate your cards to the vets. I need to look into that.

Cheryl W said...

Very pretty card. I watched the video, and I really like the masking idea. I've done it a few times myself, but not for a long time now. Thanks for the reminder.

Lynette said...

Wonderful cards, Vicki - today's and the last few days. How nice of you to donate SO many cards! I was just thinking today that I really need to start working on my Christmas cards. Usually, they just accumulate throughout the year, but this year I don't have many done yet.

The sentiment inside of this card is wishing friends a Happy Anniversary. Thank you for coming by today!