Thursday, April 11, 2024


I watched this video from Mary Knabe.  I prefer making cards that can stand up on their own and her version will not.  After experimenting a bit, I was able to come up with a card that is 4" x 4 1/4".  This is not my favorite size to make.  I had scraps of these pieces of Abstract Beauty left and really liked the combination so I went with them.  I had used a light weight white paper for the folds so I did add the entire piece to a backing of Mint Green card stock.  It still stands up pretty straight.

I will probably make another one at some point using different designer  paper but making it a standard A2 size.  Two more views below and an update to yesterday's card.


I punched a white label for the sentiment and stamped it.  Then I punched a second piece with the Mint Macaroon card stock and cut it in half horizontally to place behind the white label.  That was added to the card only on the far left hand side with dimensionals.  I realized that when the card is completely opened, it was obvious that the green backing had been split.  I punched another white piece and was able to cut it down to the appropriate size and add it to the back.  Much better.



I fixed it! (You have to note the comment I made when I posted this yesterday.)  I think I heard my mother say "Nice job".  I was actually able to remove the white strip, make a new one and add it on straight.

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

The sentiment on your black and white card looks perfect now! I've taken lots of layers off my cards to straighten them out. If I've applied them with double-sided tape, I can usually use my heat gun to soften the adhesive and get them off.

Your cards for today are very nice. I like to make ones that are "displayable," too.

Joey Hartman is another demonstrator that I recently discovered on YouTube.   This  video was about making 5-minute cards.  She was having s...