Monday, April 1, 2024


It's not an April Fool's joke, but this card really took me out of my comfort zone.  Peggy Noe had a video on YouTube that caught my eye when I was looking for ideas to use some of my retired "Abstract Beauty" dsp.  Peggy made her card 4 1/4" x 4 1/4".  I rarely make square cards. To send them in a square envelope it takes extra postage and we all know what postage is cost all of us now.  And I don't care for the look of sending a square card in an A2 envelope.  So I decided to make mine in a standard A2 size.

Peggy used a white card base.  I simply placed my pieces where I wanted them on a white card base and wasn't thrilled.  I then tried them on a black card base and I almost went with that.  I still have Blushing Bride card stock and really liked that.  The card is pretty "busy" and more "bling" than I normally do.  One of our granddaughters will probably get this for Valentine's Day next year.  A couple of them are kinda "artsy" and I think they might like it.

Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Wanda said...

Now that's a lot of love. Such a pretty card and you can see it's filled with love!

Cheryl W said...

This style of card layout is way out of my comfort zone, too. I'm always afraid of trying it, but I think yours looks great.

Joey Hartman is another demonstrator that I recently discovered on YouTube.   This  video was about making 5-minute cards.  She was having s...