Monday, April 8, 2024


Last Tuesday Rita Holmes showed how to make a "Circle Card Times Two".  When possible, I like to make something from her directions soon after.  I made these a day or so after.  I like the first one the best but if I make something again I would choose two papers that have more contrast.  


I hope to make some cards today.  Last Friday my husband and I got the most recent Covid booster.  We have always gotten Moderna but all that was available Friday was the Pfizer vaccine.  I have always had reactions to the vaccines......chills, headache, joint aches. This time I had a fever.  I'm not sure if I'm still have side affects, but have had headache behind my eyes and chills now and then ever since.  

In spite of that, I did watch the Iowa/South Carolina Women's Basketball Championship game yesterday.  Iowa wasn't able to pull this one off, but we're so proud of the Iowa team.  It's the Iowa girls who put Women's Basketball back in the news.  Even the South Carolina coach was so gracious to compliment Caitlin Clark who is all over the news.  But the entire team has so much talent!  It's reported that the tickets for the women's game was over twice as much as the tickets for the men!!!  Women rule!  lol

Thank you for coming by today!

 

2 comments:

Lynette said...

These cards are both so pretty, Vicki!! Sorry about your reaction to the COVID booster. We've always had Pfizer and have been fine with them. We had our latest one a couple weeks ago. I'm off to check off your latest cards. I just never seem to be on my computer any more!

Cheryl W said...

Thanks for the link to Rita's video. I watched it and think this is an interesting idea. I'm always in favor of making more than one card at a time. I think yours turned out great. I can see why you might want to use more contrasting papers, though. It took me a while of looking at them to figure out why you were saying that. I hadn't even realized you had used two different papers!

It's been fun to watch the women play this year, hasn't it? Caitlin Clark is amazing and the rest of the team is really talented, too.

Joey Hartman is another demonstrator that I recently discovered on YouTube.   This  video was about making 5-minute cards.  She was having s...