Thursday, April 22, 2010

SPRIG OF BLOSSOMS

This is another stamp I purchased at the SCRAPBOOKING FOREVER, BRANSON, MO. If you are ever in Branson, make sure you stop and see the great variety that Krista has in her store.

The design is from Make An Impression, Inc. I embossed the image with Egyptian Gold embossing powder and colored the branch and leaves with my Copic markers. The design has indications where to place the blossoms. The blossoms are actually made punching petals with two sizes of balloon punches and the center of the flowers is a tiny sun punch. I chose a scrapbooking paper with an over all pattern of pink roses to punch the petals which gave me some variation in the color.

I think the next time I make one of these I will stamp the image on a smaller piece of cardstock so it can then be mounted on a colored card base to give it a little more color.

I've been a little irregular in posting cards lately but hope you will continue to stop by.

2 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Vicki this card is just gorgeous! I love the way you did the petals!!

Lynette said...

So beautiful, Vicki! That's a great idea for the flowers!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...