Thursday, May 13, 2010

CARD #2 FOR THE GUYS

This may be short...........I have 4 year old grandson and a 2 year old granddaughter sitting beside me and wanting help with things. :)

The background on this card was made using one of the Fiskar plates that looks like waves. The image was done with a brass stencil on sticky paper and then sprinkling on the gold. However after I sprinkled it on and removed the stencil, I realized I had mistakenly used I had accidentally used embossing powder. Before I heat embossesd it, I sprinkled on Crystal glitter to the remainder of the sticky paper and then heated the gold embossing powder. I was glad that it still worked out fine.

This layer was then mounted onto some gold paper and then onto the card base.

Sorry if this is a little confusing -- concentration is difficult with two little ones chattering at me and "needing" things. :) They are sure a lot of fun though.

Thanks for stopping by...........just email me if you have any questions about how this was done.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Cool card, Vicki! This could lead to a little experimentation! LOL!

CARDS FOR TWO CARE CENTERS

This past Tuesday one of my friends came and we assembled cards for two care centers.  The pictures show an assortment of the papers that we...