Wednesday, May 19, 2010

BOLD STATEMENT


These two were made when I was working on cards that could be used for men. I don't think they don't give a femine appearance but still wondering if they would work for the guys. Anyway the brown and white definitely make a bold statement with the contrast of colors.
On the first card I did use a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The design is from the SU Pocket Silhouettes stamp set. I used Chocolate Chip card stock from SU for the solid brown. The other brown papers are DP that I have had for a long time. The layers for the stamped image were cut and embossed with the Spellbinders Labels 4.
Thanks for stopping by...................tell me what you think (positive or negative comments are welcome).

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow, these are both great! I like the bold contrast and the textures. I think they are both appropriate for men, and I know a few women I wouldn't hesitate to send them to.

Harriet Skelly said...

Vicki - I love both of these - love the crisp, clean design. I think they work for either a man or woman!

Sheri said...

How cool! Now there are flowers you can use for a mans card.

Lynette said...

Two wonderful "guy" cards, Vicki!!

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...