Thursday, June 24, 2010

PAPER PIECING

Today I am showing you my first completed project with a stamped image that I did paper piecing. Some of the ladies on our Yahoo group have done it and I loved the affect of it but I was always afraid to try it. It can be difficult holding on to tiny pieces while trying to trim them but I'm so glad I finally gave it a try. I managed to complete two cards doing this yesterday.

The design is a Pure Innocence from My Favorite Things. My friend Harriet was so kind to let me borrow three of her sets to give this a try. First I stamped the Thinking of You down the left hand side of the card front and ran the remaining portion of the front through my Cuttlebug using one of the CB folders. I liked the affect of the design with the "rain drops" on the stamped image.

Next I stamped the image on white card stock leaving a good border all the way around the image and then stamped it again on some scrapbooking paper that I have in in my "stash" for a LONG time.

The stamped image on white was cut out using one of the Classic Oval Nestabilities. Using my Copic CIAO markers I colored in the areas that would not be covered with the yellow pieces. Then I very carefully added the yellow paper pieces. The Yellow scalloped layer was cut from Banana Cream card stock from Lasting Impressions. Both layers were then attached to the front of the card.

Thanks for stopping by................hope you come back again soon.

5 comments:

Lynette said...

SO darling, Vicki!! You did an awesome job of paper piecing! I love the embossing folder you used on the background, too. Fabulous card.

Annie said...

This is adorable Vicki!! I love the paper piecing you did!! Like the colors you choose too. Great job!

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow Vicki - I am so glad you tried the paper piecing - you did an outstanding job with it! That CB embossing folder is perfect for the rain theme!

Anonymous said...

Love this card, simple and elegant.

Anonymous said...

Love this card, simple and elegant. - Connie

A great way to use up sheets of your designer series papers is to do One Sheet Wonder patterns.  This one was a little different because you...