Thursday, June 10, 2010

BRAYERED BACKGROUND

Recently I needed a card for my friend, Sheri and her husband.

The card base is white card stock. Using a brayer I applied four VersaColor inks onto a piece of white card stock. Starting with Canary, then Marigold, followed by Orange and Topaz I inked the entire piece. Then I stamped the SU Upsy Daisy with VersaFine Onyx Black ink and stamped the design in the corner and added the stamp of a small butterfly. The sentiment is from the Upsy Daisy stamp set.

The black and white piece of card stock is from Lasting Impressions and framed the stamped design perfectly.

Thank you for stopping by...............please come again soon.

5 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Vicki - your brayering is perfect - love the colors and the flower silohuette! 3 more days!!

Sheri said...

And it is even prettier in real life! Thanks Vicki. It meant a lot to both of us. - Only 2 more days (in 30 more minutes!)

Annie said...

What a gorgeous card Vicki!! Great brayering job......did you take the course.....I would like to learn this.
I love these daisies (I have the stamp!)
Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

You did an awesome job in brayering -- I haven't mastered that yet.

Lynette said...

This is very beautiful, Vicki - great brayering! I thought you added the white dots with a gel pen, then I saw it came that way - awesome! Two more days!!

A few days ago I watched a video from  Karen Titus  using 1" squares.  I thought it would be fun to pull out some scraps from one of my...