Thursday, June 3, 2010

RELIGIOUS

Our priest is being transferred in a few weeks and I needed to make a card to give him at the Farewell Potluck. I also needed a card for a former priest who is celebrating 50 years in the priesthood. We are having a special service here this weekend for him and a potluck dinner afterward. Well, it turned into my mother-in-law also wanting two cards and a friend of hers wanted one. I don't have a lot of religious stamps but was able to come up with enough for all of us.

The design on this card is from Our Daily Bread designs. I really like it. I stamped it with VersaMark on off white card stock and embossed it with Egyptian Gold embossing powder. Then I cut out the image with a Spellbinders die. The gold shimmer paper was cut out with the next larger Spellbinders die in that set.

I didn't want the front of the card to be embossed so that it showed on the inside of the card so I embossed a separate layer with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and attached it to the front. The last step was to adhere the layers with the design.

Thanks for stopping by.....................would love to know what you think.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

It's perfect, Vicki! So wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Vicki, that's a gorgeous card, and perfect for the event!! Did you get the stamp especially for this......never seen one quite like that before. -Annie

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...