Tuesday, October 2, 2012

TIME WITH TARYN

 

On Saturday I received a phone call from our Granddaughter, Taryn.  She was wanting to know if she could come to our house for a "Play Date".  At first I told her I didn't think that it would work out for her to come for the weekend.  The school system where four of our grandchildren attend didn't have school yesterday so we worked it out for her to come on Sunday and go home late yesterday afternoon.  How could I resist when she referred to coming as a "Play Date".  (This is the same granddaughter who hears me say "see the rabbits" when I am referring to the city near us Cedar Rapids.  She is a real hoot!)
 
While she was here we naturally had to make chocolate chip cookies for Grandpa.  We also read a lot of books, played house, put puzzles together, played with Barbie dolls and Polly Pockets.  She did watch a couple of movies so I could get meals and do dishes.  :)  Her main focus however is "making cards".
 
Taryn has acquired a real "love" of operating my Cuttlebug so one of the first things she insisted on playing with was making a card with embossing folders.  She ran her card through with a "Craft Concepts - Daisy Do" embossing folder.  As you can see from the first picture she was working very hard to add the coloring.  She was so proud of her finished product.  :)
 
It did give me the idea though to emboss the front of a card with that folder and then to just color in the centers of the flowers for a wonderful background.  I'll have to try that some day soon.
 
Thanks for coming by! 

4 comments:

Sheri said...

She made a beautiful card. Sounds like you crammed in a lot of fun things in a short time. You are a great grandma!

Lynette said...

That is so cool, Vicki! What a sweetie she is, and what a fun couple of days.

Joanne said...

Look at that smile on her face!!! She LOVES being with you! And from the looks of her creation, she has some of YOUR talent, too!

Ann Schach said...

You mean it isn't "See The Rabbits, Iowa"??? lol She is a cutie, Vicki! And I love the card she created!

A few days ago I watched a video from  Karen Titus  using 1" squares.  I thought it would be fun to pull out some scraps from one of my...