Friday, October 12, 2012

STAMP SALE BARGAIN


For the last couple of years I have been taking some of my stamps that I no longer use and some new items to a stamp/supply sale.  One is held in April and another one in August or September.  Naturally when I deliver my things to the sale I find it necessary to look at the other things that are already there.  At one of the sales I found the Stampin' Up! "God's Beauty" for a great price and it is now part of my collection.  However, I had never used it until a couple of days ago.
 
I had a white oval left over from the mask I had prepared for the two previous cards I posted here.  I didn't want to let it go to waste so I started looking through my stamps and found this butterfly was a perfect fit.  Continuing with sponging colors I chose SU Baja Breeze and then the lower portion of the oval was sponged with SU Pacific Point.  The butterfly needed to be darker so I experimented with SU Not Quite Navy.  I liked the result.
 
The oval needed to be added to another layer so I just cut a Spellbinders Petite Scalloped Oval which was just was just slightly bigger.  The card base is Pacific Point card stock and was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.
 
Your comments are always welcome and appreciated!  Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Oh how beautiful! Looks so "smokey" or dreamy of you will. You rocked this card!

Lynette said...

I love the way you simply sponged the oval and butterfly - very effective! Great card, Vicki.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

this is an absolutely beautiful card.....love it
~Pat~

Joanne said...

This card is GORGEOUS...well done!

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...