Wednesday, October 10, 2012

SPONGING COLOR

 
 I think I have done something like this before but it's been a while and I love the look of it.  To get the oval, I used a Spellbinders Petite Oval and cut out the shape from a piece of white card stock.  I put the cut out shape aside.  You will see it in another project in a couple of days.  I used the open area as a mask over this card base.  I sponged SU Melon Mambo and Pefect Plum ink into the exposed area.
 
Among my many supplies I have "had to buy" are some Gina K stamp sets which I love but just hadn't used.  The butterfly and the sprig of tiny flowers are from the Gina K "Dogwood and Butterfly" stamp set.  The "Flutter by" image is one I have used many times and is from My Sentiments Exactly.
 
Your comments are always welcome and appreciated.  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

So pretty - always a great technique! Love the softness of this beautiful card, Vicki.

Joanne said...

Such a PERFECT C&S card!!! I need to remember this cool technique!

Anonymous said...

this is an awesome card. so soft and pretty like for a girl but could be done in a blue as a get well or something like that for a guy. one of your best
~Pat~

CARDS FOR TWO CARE CENTERS

This past Tuesday one of my friends came and we assembled cards for two care centers.  The pictures show an assortment of the papers that we...