Wednesday, October 10, 2012

SPONGING COLOR

 
 I think I have done something like this before but it's been a while and I love the look of it.  To get the oval, I used a Spellbinders Petite Oval and cut out the shape from a piece of white card stock.  I put the cut out shape aside.  You will see it in another project in a couple of days.  I used the open area as a mask over this card base.  I sponged SU Melon Mambo and Pefect Plum ink into the exposed area.
 
Among my many supplies I have "had to buy" are some Gina K stamp sets which I love but just hadn't used.  The butterfly and the sprig of tiny flowers are from the Gina K "Dogwood and Butterfly" stamp set.  The "Flutter by" image is one I have used many times and is from My Sentiments Exactly.
 
Your comments are always welcome and appreciated.  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

So pretty - always a great technique! Love the softness of this beautiful card, Vicki.

Joanne said...

Such a PERFECT C&S card!!! I need to remember this cool technique!

Anonymous said...

this is an awesome card. so soft and pretty like for a girl but could be done in a blue as a get well or something like that for a guy. one of your best
~Pat~

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...