Tuesday, October 9, 2012

ALCOHOL INK CARD PART

 
While I was trying to straighten up my craft table which gets to be VERY MESSY every time I make cards, I  found a piece of glossy card stock which had two of these stamped images on it.  The background had been done with alcohol inks and then I had stamped the Penny Black image on it with Staz-On Black ink.
 
I didn't want to use both of them at the same time so I separated them and trimmed this one down.  I noticed that some of the color from the alcohol inks had a hint of a shade of green.  I turned to my supply of Stampin' Up! card stock and found that Certain Celery seemed to pick up that color perfectly.  I also found a piece of a lighter celery shimmer paper to mount the image on.  I have no idea where that piece of shimmer paper came from but it seemed to work well.
 
The front of the card was embossed with a Crafts-Too embossing folder.  The folder actually has an embossed square but the layer I have was just the perfect size to cover it.
 
Your comments are always welcome and appreciated!  Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Cool! Looks like marble.

Lynette said...

Very pretty, Vicki! Isn't it fun to use up card parts? I need to clean my stamping table again, too - it's a disaster! I always tell myself I won't let that happen again, but it does - over and over and over again!

Joanne said...

LOVE the way you put these pieces together....BEAUTIFUL card!

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...