Monday, April 8, 2013

WATERCOLOR WONDER STAMP SET


The PTI Watercolor Wonder stamp set was still on my table so I decided to play with it again.  I used three of the newest SU colors:  Summer Starfruit, Primrose Petals and Gumball Green.  Then I simply stamped the image from Fabulous Florets stamp set with VersaFine Onyx Black ink.  Gumball Green was sponged around the stamped images.  (This time I'm not sure I like it - I may have added too much.)  A layer of Primrose Petals card stock was added under the stamped images and then mounted onto the Gumball Green card stock.
 
I like the idea of stamping an image with black over the watercolor images but I think I would choose a different green for the stamp and for the card base.  Maybe Wild Wasabi because it isn't quite as harsh.
 
Even though this is not one of my favorite creations, I still decided to post it for you to see and maybe make changes of your own to a similar card.
 
Let me know if you have any suggestions - I always enjoy the comments that are left.  Thank you for coming by!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

I like this one and the colors are perfect :)

Lynette said...

It's very pretty, Vicki! So are the other cards you've posted recently. I guess I haven't been to your blog in a few days!

Annie said...

I like this watercolor look......its very artsy looking!

Char said...

You are too critical of yourself, as we all are. I think it's GREAT!!! Love that watercolor stamp.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...