Monday, April 22, 2013

IN FLIGHT


I ran across a card somewhere (maybe Pintrest) and I fell in love with it.  I ran with the layout and made three cards.  The white top layer was embossed with the Stampin Up Flower Garden folder.  Then I used the butterfly design to punch a butterfly at the top and bottom of the embossed layer.


The white layer was adhered to a piece of Midnight Muse card stock (for the first one shown above) which shows through the two punched designs.  I had a piece of Midnight Muse dp and punched a third butterfly to attach. Two small butterflies were punched from the dp and added. 
When I saw the original of this card, there was a stamped sentiment along the white area on the right hand side of the card base. I decided not to add a sentiment there by adding a wider strip of dp. This way the card is ready for several options.
 
I wish I could get the top punched butterfly turned a little bit more to the left but it just didn't work.  Thank you for stopping by!

(NOTE:  After intially publishing my post, I found the card that I had cased.  I pinned her card onto my page so you should be able to do a search for "Vicki Boddicker" and find items I have pinned.  Chiaki Haverstick is the creator of the card I cased.)
 

2 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

These are really beautiful Vicki!!

Joanne said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! The colors you used ALL are stunning! And your choice of the paper strip instead of a saying is creative as well.

   These are two cards I made using the second format from Robin Armbrecht's video.  (You can see a link in yesterday's post.)  I li...