Wednesday, April 17, 2013

FABULOUS FLORETS


Recently Lynette posted a sympathy card she had made using a black stamped design on Kraft card stock.  I had planned to CASE her card very closely.  Her card was made with a horizontal top fold.   After having stamped my image and mounting it, the layer was too tall to do my card that way so I made a side fold vertical card.  This changed the way I wanted to do the front of the card. 
 
Since the image was tall and narrow it left room to stamp something to the side of it.  I have several different vertical stamps that I could have used, but instead I happened to spot this beautiful design on my shelf and used it instead.  By using this border stamp instead of a sentiment, I can now use it for several different occasions with an appropriate sentiment stamped inside.
 
So even though I started off trying to CASE her card, I ended up with a card that was quite different from Lynette's...............but thank you Lynette for giving me an inspiration to get started. 
 
Thank you for coming by!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

What a great versatile card you've created! I also often use something that Lynette posts as inspiration.

Lynette said...

I like it a lot, Vicki! The stamped border is very pretty. You're welcome for any inspiration I can give you:)

Harriet Skelly said...

This card came out beautifully and it can be used for any occasion! Love that border stamp!

Since this pack of dsp was still on my table, I decided to try another layout that was something I don't think I had done before.  Once ...