Monday, November 23, 2020

TAKING A BREAK

It's still Monday but less than an hour left until Tuesday here.  Over the weekend I was going to try to post a card for today and post ones scheduled to show up the rest of the week.  That didn't happen.  I won't bore everyone with things happening here, but I find it necessary to take this week off from posting on my blog.  We need to get together with our insurance agent to figure out what insurance plan we'll be signing up with for 2021. I hate having to make that decision every year.    

My husband and I will be celebrating Thanksgiving alone this year. Since I promised to make the traditional Thanksgiving meal for just the two of us, I am going to be kind of busy over the next couple of days with that as well.   We discussed it with our two daughters and decided it was best if we all have our own Thanksgiving "celebrations" with those in our own households.  Sad but being safe is most important.  My husband and I probably don't need to worry about getting the virus again this soon, but we don't want to take the chance of picking up something else - especially while my lungs are still healing.

I will leave you with this card that I made back in 2013.  It is one my mother's favorites and she gets it out every year.


HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!  I plan on being back with something new again next Monday, November 30.......I hope.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

that card is really beautiful and cool, Vicki. I can see why your mother likes it. A tough decision to spend the holiday alone, but understandable. Stay safe! Let those lungs heal. We'll be alone, also. Happy Thanksgiving.

Cheryl W said...

Gorgeous card. Those leaves look amazing. So many of us will celebrate Thanksgiving with only those who live with us. We are lucky in that my brother will join us. But he is the only one. We hope to visit with the kids and grandkids via Zoom.

Joey Hartman is another demonstrator that I recently discovered on YouTube.   This  video was about making 5-minute cards.  She was having s...