Friday, January 8, 2021

CASING LISA CURCIO - Slider Card


I hadn't seen this type of slider card before and when Lisa demonstrated this on one of her latest videos, I decided to make one and actually had the same papers on one that she showed.  My  aim was to make one just like hers.  The SU designer paper is Ornate Garden.  Shocker.....My first try was different.  When I was gathering my supplies I noticed that a green shade was Old Olive so I grabbed a sheet of Old Olive card stock.  I made the card base, added the daisy design to each side and then realized that the paper behind her daisy was not the Old Olive color!  Fortunately there was another double sided design in the pack that worked just fine.  I like the card, but it wasn't the same as hers.  lol

Then when I looked at her card again, Lisa had used Mint Macaroon and I realized that the square piece on hers had shiny gold paper on it and I hadn't added that.  Now for my second try.  I did the card base, added the flower paper and then did the square (which you will see below).  I started with a 3 1/2" square of Mint Macaroon, added a 3 3/8" square piece of shiny gold and then a 3 1/4" square of the patterned paper which also has a shiny gold design.   Strike 2!!!!

One more time............I saved the square from the 2nd attempt and will use the card base at a later time.  Lisa's card ALSO had shiny gold around the floral pieces on the card base.  Below is the final result!


I really like the dp with the shiny gold design, but I actually decided after the whole episode that I really do like the Old Olive color better with that floral paper.  If you are wanting to make a card with a slider like this, you can go to YouTube and search for "Slider Card" with Lisa Curcio's name as the one doing the video.


This is the card with the slider raised up.  Thank you for coming by today!


 

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

These are such pretty cards. The floral patterns are really nice. I had watched that video of Lisa's and thought this design was an interesting one. My only question, though, is should some instructions be included for opening the card if it is sent in the mail.

Lynette said...

Cool cards, Vicki! Isn't that a fun one to make? I made one of those last month. Yours are so pretty.

  Recently Rita Holmes had another great card but she was using the new Thoughtful Journey dsp.  My paper hadn't arrived yet so I made d...