Tuesday, January 12, 2021

STAMPIN' UP! - Twitterpated designer paper (Part 1)

Last week I mentioned to some friends that I really need to go back to some of the partial packages of designer paper that I have from Stampin' Up! and get them used up.  SU seems to be coming out with more such beautiful papers faster than I can use them up!  Some of the papers are designs that I have been hoarding.....hating to cut into them.  Other are papers that I'm not quite sure what to do with them although I may find some ideas on Pinterest.

Here are half of the cards that I made over the weekend using up one of the patterns from the long retired Twitterpated paper pack.  The cards will appear to be from a One Sheet Wonder format, but they really weren't and I'm not sure that they all came from a single sheet.


#1
The color in the designer paper is Island Indigo.  I couldn't find any in my paper supplies so I used Not Quite Navy.  It's OK but I wasn't real happy with it.


#2
One more card using the Night of Navy.


#3
I didn't give up.  I went back through some of the card stock that had multiple colors and discovered two full sheets of it and a couple smaller pieces in the 2011-2013 In Color package.  The rest of the cards for today and tomorrow made me much happier.


#4
Instead of a vertical card, I turned this one into a horizontal format.  The butterflies were die cut from a set of Spellbinders butterfly dies.


#5
My least favorite of the cards.  I need to do something with the white areas on the left and right side.  Maybe a couple of small butterflies would fill in the emptiness.


#6
Tomorrow I will show you the other six that I made with this same designer paper.  If only this had made a dent in the sheets I need to use!  I'll keep trying and have two more pieces of designer paper on my craft table to do some more.  They'll probably all look a lot like these so I won't be posting all of them but maybe just a card or two with the different dp designs.

Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

I applaud you for attempting to make a dent in your patterned paper, Vicki! LOL! I could never make a dent in mine, either. Your cards are all so pretty - great job!

Cheryl W said...

What a great group of cards. I like your idea about adding a couple of small butterflies to the white areas on one of the cards. I always struggle with white space, too. I just don't feel comfortable leaving lots of blank areas on my cards, and yet I really like the CAS cards that others create. Go figure!

  Recently Rita Holmes had another great card but she was using the new Thoughtful Journey dsp.  My paper hadn't arrived yet so I made d...