Monday, January 11, 2021

VALENTINE CARDS TO DONATE


I like to come up with a card that is quick and easy to make but still not look like we just threw it together.  I found this idea on Pinterest.  The red strip was used instead of ribbon that I saw on Pinterest and the sentiment is different as well.  My friend, Carol, and I were able to make 108 of this card.........some will go to a nursing home and the other one will go to the independent living center where my mother had lived for nine years.  Mother is still with us but in a different facility.  

In 2019 and before there were three of us that got together at my dining room table to make these cards.  Two of us still got together to do Valentines last year but after that we decided it was safer not to do it together.  Carol lives across the alley from me so we are still able to make these "together but separately".  I cut/punch everything ahead of time and then give half to her to assemble and do some stamping.  She did her half of these very quickly.  I've been working on other cards as well so only have part of mine done.

Even though my mother is living in a different center, she will still get Valentines.  If this virus ever goes away or it becomes safe for the three of us to get together again, I might consider adding cards for the new facility where Mother now resides.  I just can't bring myself to cut off the living center because the staff there is wonderful.  They treated Mother with the utmost love and care.  All of us love them as well.

Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

What a great design! I might just have to CASE it for a few cards for the thrift shop. I can see where these could be done pretty quickly with a simple "Happy Valentine's Day" inside. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lynette said...

What a cool valentine, Vicki! And so super nice of you and Carol to make so many cards to donate.

  Recently Rita Holmes had another great card but she was using the new Thoughtful Journey dsp.  My paper hadn't arrived yet so I made d...