Wednesday, May 11, 2022

NEW HORIZON DSP


When I made this card, I didn't have the coordinating stamp set.  So I used stamps that I already had.  I am LOVING this paper!  I have a feeling you will be seeing a lot more cards made with this paper.

Yesterday the heat and humidity here was awful and of all days we were set to have workers come to start replacing the windows in our house.  I decided to take off and go run some errands which was not the best decision.  Although I was able to get flowers for my pots and accomplish other tasks, I was beat when I got home.  Even though the workers were finished in the bathroom, I waited until they left to get in the shower.  I sat in my recliner with a fan blowing on me.  One of them did tell me that it was OK to turn the air conditioning on because they were closing doors as windows were taken out and replaced.  I actually watched one of them and it was just a matter of a very few minutes that the outside air was exposed to the inside of the house.  

Today is going to be even worse!  We went from wet, cool air to a couple of nice days and then into a week of extreme summer weather.  Next week is supposed to be much better so my plants are just going to have to wait until then.  I hope you are experiencing cooler temperatures than we are in Eastern  Iowa.

 

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Great scene, and I love the background cut up into pieces. Yeah, weird weather!! Good luck with all the renovations. Stay cool!

Raquel said...

Hi Vickie. This is another gorgeous card. I have always admire your simplicity which brings out the beauty of the DSP. Enjoy your renovations how exciting. Have a good blessed afternoon. Raquel in Colorado

Cheryl W said...

This is a stunning card. I love everything about it. And you're right--that paper is just awesome! We've had heat and humidity here in east central MN, too. It's been in the 80s and 90s. We haven't had to turn the AC on yet. But if this keeps up, we'll have to turn it on soon.

   These are the other two cards I made following the video from Owl Star Stampers.  You can find a link to the video on my May 1st post. Th...