Monday, May 9, 2022

STAMPIN UP! - Hey Chick


I've had both of the "Chick" stamp sets for quite a while but haven't used them as much as I should.  I recently saw some cards that inspired me to pull them out.  

A few days ago while I was working with some of the retired SU designer papers, I made a decision that I just need to stop buying so many new stamps, dies and paper.  What I already have will easily last me the rest of my life and plenty left over for someone else to use.  So......you may not be seeing many current items in the Stampin' Up! catalog, but maybe I can inspire you to pull out some of your retired stamps and dies to make great cards.  I watched a video recently on YouTube where the lady was talking about why we feel we have to have all of the current trends.  Her thought was "use what we have".   It really hit home with me.   I have one of the beautiful new paper packs and I will likely get the stamp and die bundle to go with it, but then I'm going to try REALLY HARD to stop being tempted by all that is new.  Anyone else want to join me?



 

4 comments:

Lynette said...

So cute! I, also, have more stuff than I could ever in my whole life use up! I'm pretty good about not buying new stuff, but sometimes I just can't resist. Good luck to you!

Cheryl W said...

I have SO. MUCH. STUFF! I really need to stop buying more. I'm running out of room to store it. I love your chick card, and I will really appreciate seeing cards made from older tools and supplies. It will inspire me to use what I have, too, instead of buying new.

Christine said...

I'm ahead of you gal! I call it 'shopping my stash'.
I found a folder of images printed and ready to colour, spent a pleasant few minutes going through them and then realised What I was doing.... Looking not using.
Maybe we could start a trend ....
Will now go find my chickens cause I love your bright cheerful card

bonnie32002 said...

I've been on the not buying stuff bandwagon for a while now too. I still have stuff in my stash that I bought and never got around to using. Love the card and look forward to seeing more from your collection!

   These are the other two cards I made following the video from Owl Star Stampers.  You can find a link to the video on my May 1st post. Th...