Wednesday, September 27, 2023

2ND DESIGN FROM EARTHEN ELEGANCE


I'll say it right off the top --- This card is too top heavy!  In fact, I can't even get it to stand.

My card is different than Glenda's in a couple of ways.  She had used Gray Granite card stock and ink  since that is the color of the reverse side of the Moody Mauve dsp (on yesterday's card).  I had used Smokey Slate thinking that was the right one.  Gray Granite is darker.  

On the front panel Glenda had used the reverse side but it looked terrible with my Smokey Slate so I had to adjust.  I used a piece as a mat but it seemed too busy so I add another layer of white for all of the vases.......which I think is just too much.  I would definitely have kept it to just two.  This card proved to be a disappointment.

Thank you for coming by today!

 

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Top heavy or not, this is a very nice looking card!

Lynette said...

Sorry you think it's a disappointment! I think it looks great!

  While I had the Hydrangea Hill dsp on my table from yesterday's card, I went ahead and made this one using some of the pieces that wer...