Friday, September 29, 2023

ALL ABOUT AUTUMN DSP


Recently I had tried twice to get some of the All About Autumn dsp and it sold out twice within 3 days each time.  I was very disappointed.  I contacted another demonstrator and voiced my frustration with all of the out of stock new items.  She was so generous to share half of a package with me.

Tuesday morning I decided I really wanted to start using some of it.  The 6 x 6 papers are gorgeous!  I don't like to waste a lot of time trying to come up with something on my own most days so I went to Pinterest and found a picture.  When I clicked on it I dicovered that there was video by Simply Kards by Kathi.

This is the card I made following her video.  Instead of a 4" x 5 1/4" mat, I made my ivory layer 4 1/16" x 5 5/16".  Why?  I'm not sure but it definitely made it harder to get it placed on my card base!  I don't think I'll do that again!  I did use her measurement for the matted panels on the front.  She used a stamped leaf from a new set.  Since I didn't have that one (yes, I don't have all of them.) I pulled out one the lovely Poppy Stamps dies - Majestic Maple.  I popped it with dimensionals and then added the little twine bow.  Kathy added a sentiment to the front but I decided I didn't want to cover up any more of that gorgeous paper.

Thank you for coming by today!



 

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

That paper is just so beautiful. I fully understand why you didn't want to cover an y more than was necessary.

Lynette said...

I love the three-panel layout - very cool.

  While I had the Hydrangea Hill dsp on my table from yesterday's card, I went ahead and made this one using some of the pieces that wer...