Thursday, September 21, 2023

STRIP & FLIP SCRAPPY CARD

 

I watched Rita Holmes make a card like this recently.  The idea is to cut strips that are 1/4", 1/2" and 3/4" x 4" with several coordinating designer papers.  Then you randomly add them to a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" piece of white card stock.  The next thing you do is cut off a 3/4" wide vertical strip and a 1/2" wide vertical strip.  It also helps when trying to space these if you cut of a sliver from the remaining largest piece.

To assemble you flip the middle strip upside down and it gives an interesting dimension to the look of the card.  I didn't get as much variance in the stripes with mine, but it is still a fun card to make.

Thank you for coming by today!

 

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

That is definitely a fun idea. I'll have to give that a try.

Lynette said...

Great idea, and I really like the colors in those papers.

  While I had the Hydrangea Hill dsp on my table from yesterday's card, I went ahead and made this one using some of the pieces that wer...