Tuesday, September 12, 2023

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAMIE!


Our daughter, Jamie, is celebrating her birthday today!  We'll see her this evening when we go to a granddaughter's volleyball game at the school where Jamie works.  Taryn will be play for the visiting team but Jamie promises to sit with us to cheer for Taryn and her teammates.  She said her fellow workers will give her a hard time at work the next day for sitting with the opposing team's crowd......but family is family.  

NOTE:  I now have 302 out of 350 Christmas cards made for the Iowa Veterans Home.  Taking a break to get things lined up for the Halloween cards my friends and I will make for the independent living center and now 3 nursing homes instead of 2!!! When I called to check on the numbers for two of the places that are connected, the lady asked if we made cards for the Memory Care Center.  I explained that we hadn't and that I had chosen the other two because my mother had been a resident at those two facilities.  Afterwards I felt bad and since all three places are next to each other on the same street, I told her we would add them as well.  It's only 35 more cards.  That means we are now up to 170 cards this year!  Yikes!  But I have all but 7 ready to assemble with my friends......some are VERY simple.

 Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

A very pretty card for Jamie. Happy birthday to her! What a blessing your friends are, to help you make so many cards. And it's amazingly kind of you to donate so many of them!

Wanda said...

So pretty!

  While I had the Hydrangea Hill dsp on my table from yesterday's card, I went ahead and made this one using some of the pieces that wer...