Saturday, September 23, 2023

HALLOWEEN CARDS


Two of my friends are coming Monday to get the cards ready that we donate. I mentioned a few days ago that I had committed to 170 cards for 3 nursing homes and a care center.  These will go to two of the care centers.  At the time I wondered if I knew what I was doing!  In my Halloween supplies I ran across a card I had made years ago using a Lasting Impressions program.  The program allows you to print off designs that coordinate with the brass stencils.  That made doing cards for two places extremely easy.  

I didn't use the matching stencils to dry emboss the designs because the program makes it possible to resize the designs.  I wanted to make it possible then to use a punch to just punch them out instead of using a die to have to die cut so many pieces.  And to make these even better, I was able to use some of my "stash" of Lasting Impressions card stock.  Win/Win!

That's not all.......I was able to run each card through before decorating with the sentiment on the outside and one for the inside.  No stamping necessary.  How much easier can it get?!?!

We're off to another Volleyball Tournament for our granddaughter today.  We'll  miss their first game because it starts at 8:30.........no way I would be ready to go that early for a game an hour away.  We'll catch the second game at 10:45 and then more. 

Thank you for coming by today!

 

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Cool cards, Vicki, and so great to use up more of your LI papers! I still have some and I never think to use them! And great that you could use the program, too, and also to make SO many cards to donate. Nice!

Have you ever had to take lemons and made lemonade with your cards?  Well, I sure did with this one! Yes, the front of the card is pretty an...