Thursday, September 28, 2023

3RD EARTHEN ELEGANCE CARD


Two of these cards were made.  Once again, this card is just a little too much for me.  It's really thick with all of the layers and I would probably have just used one vase on the front.  As you can see there is another layer under the piece with the vases.  It is another flip piece.


This shows the front of the inside piece that flips open.  Here you can see that the reverse side of the dsp (Gray Granite) is definitely darker and clashes a bit with the Smokey Slate that I have.  I just wanted to complete the card while I had the pieces.


This is the inside of the card for the sentiment and room for a note and signature.  In all there are 8 layers to the card..........too much.

Although these are not my typical cards, I wanted to show what I had made even though I'm not really fond of them.  Once again I would simplify them and probably use different dsp.

Thank you for coming by today!

 

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

That's definitely a lot of layers (and would probably require extra postage), but I think it looks great!

bonnie32002 said...

These vase's really appeal to me. I like the color combo's too!

  While I had the Hydrangea Hill dsp on my table from yesterday's card, I went ahead and made this one using some of the pieces that wer...