Monday, February 15, 2010

CARD FOR KIDS


Today's card is totally different from any I've posted so far. It was actually made a couple of years ago but I found the picture in my photo files. In the last couple of years I have neglected my stencils because stamping seems to go more quickly. Cards made with pieces that have been dry embossed have a completely different look than stamped cards. I need to do some again.

This card was made by dry embossing the palm tree, sun and elephant using Lasting Impressions papers with L I stencils and also using the L I Software which coordinates with stencils to make the fence with flowers.

I dry embossed the three items first and cut them out. The sun was mounted on a light blue card stock using pop dots. The palm tree was adhered to the card next. Using the L I Software I printed out a fence with flowers along it attached that over the bottom edge of the card.

When I embossed the elephant, I embossed an extra "trunk" so that I could pop it to give it some dimension. I think a small child would enjoy this card for a birthday or maybe even a get well card.

Thank you for stopping by...........please stop by again soon.

2 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

This is so cute Vicky!

Lynette said...

Great card, Vicki! I love all your embossing and cutting out. It's easy to neglect some things when we have so much! :)

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!