Tuesday, May 7, 2013

STILL MORE PENNY BLACK


This is another idea I picked up from Pinterest.  I love the masked area that was used for the colors.  The card on the left is pretty much like the one I saw.  The card I cased did have a background stamp under the colored area that was music.  I did stamp one there too but the color of ink I used didn't allow it to show the sponged inks. 

I decided to make a second card using Hero Arts Soft Wheat Shadow Ink for the music background and then sponged the pink and gray inks while the area was still masked.  After removing the post-it notes which I used to mask the strips on both cards, I stamped the image with VersaFine Onyx Black ink.  The second card had just a really light smudge from my finger so I punched a butterfly and covered the smudge.  (Shhhhhh......Don't tell anyone.)

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Such a pretty idea!

Annie said...

Love them both, I'm gonna try it.

Harriet Skelly said...

I love this design - so well done and just gorgeous!

Joanne said...

Love, Love, Love these!!!! So colorful, interesting and unique!
WELL DONE!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! These are gorgeous, Vicki! I love the background, and of course, the music stamp.

And here are the final four cards you get from  this  video by Karen Titus.    I may try to do this with some papers from some other collect...