Monday, May 6, 2013

MORE PENNY BLACK "Delicate Florals"

 
I saw a card on Pintrest that was made using the vertical image this way and really liked the looks of it.  I masked the lower portion of the card to stamp the image sideways and then masked the top portion of the card to stamp the same image in the opposite direction.  The image was colored with two colors of markers.
 
Next I cut a black piece of card stock that was the perfect width to fit between the stamped images and a white card stock that was slightly narrower than the black piece.  This strip was added to the blank space and the card was finished.
 

The card first card went so quickly I decided to ink up the design again but used ivory card stock for the layer and card base.  This time I was going to use Copic markers and I mistakenly inked it with VersaFine Onyx Black ink.  Using my Copics (which are showing up awfully light here) I just pounced the color into place so the black ink would not smear.  I went around the entire image with a VERY light green copic which does show up on the actual card but not sure you can see it here.
 
Copic makers bleed through most card stock so to set the image off even further I cut down the layer with the image and mounted it onto a black layer and then onto the ivory card base.  I really like the black layering to set off the entire image.  A finishing touch was adding just little dots of Sticklers here and there.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

So pretty and what a wonderful idea!

Annie said...

Both are pretty, but I love the way the black mat sets it off in the 2nd one!

Joanne said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! Love the way you added a shadow color around the flowers, too!

Ann Schach said...

What a fabulous clean and classy card! This is beautiful!

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...