Thursday, May 9, 2013

THREE VARIATIONS OF SAME DESIGN

 
I saw a card very similar to this on Pinterest.  The card I saw used the same color for the doily but stamped a different design in black on top of it.  I also used a different sentiment.  The stamped image was added to a piece of Pear Pizzazz card stock.  I also changed the card base to black instead of a white card base that had been embossed as was the one on Pinterest.

 
I love the doily stamp so I decided to make a second one using Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy.  This one needed some more darker color so I added the punched butterflies.   I wasn't as happy with the color combination so............


I made one more.  This one I really like.  I used Crumb Cake for the doily and Not Quite Navy for the accent color.

Thank you for stopping by!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

What a great idea for a way to use the doily stamp, Vicki - very pretty!

Char said...

I love the look of all three of them. Wow...must have been a butterfly day as I made a bunch of cards, today, with butterflies on them.

Harriet Skelly said...

I'm going to have to use Lynette's doily stamp when I'm there - it is so pretty - I love seeing it in the different color combinations!

Joanne said...

Gorgeous card and Wonderful colors!
Love where you placed the doily!

And here are the final four cards you get from  this  video by Karen Titus.    I may try to do this with some papers from some other collect...