Monday, July 27, 2020

MY FIRST SHUTTER CARD


One of the favorite blogs I follow had a great video for making a Shutter Card.  I've seen these before but thought they might be too hard.  It wasn't!  I'll definitely make more of these. Since I wasn't sure about myself when I started, I pulled out a long retired piece of SU designer paper.  Fortunately I still had the right color of card stock and ink.  (Ruby Red)



When you open the card the shutter opens to reveal a little message.  The video left the left and right panels plain but I added designer paper to them as well.   Now I just need to figure out where I'll sign our names and possibly add an additional message.  I'll probably add a white panel on the back of the card to do that.

Thanks for coming by today!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

That is really cool, Vicki! Great job! I did make one of these last spring, but I forgot to take a photo of it and I gave it away right away.

Cheryl W said...

I love making these cards! I finally but a die set for cutting out the mechanism on the inside. That makes it an even quicker process. Yours turned out great. I'm looking forward to seeing more of them on your blog.

bonnie32002 said...

Really, it wasn't too complicated? I will have to check this out. Well done by the way!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT

On April 16 I posted a card using the 1" squares in this manner.  The post also includes a link to the video that I had watched.  After...