Thursday, July 23, 2020

SUMMER RETREAT - #5


#5

I believe this card was called a "diamond" card.  There are two things I would change on a second one.  I would have embossed the front of the card base.  I would have used some gold foil card stock instead of the pink or added another mat of it behind the pink.  I had hesitated to buy the Mosaic Mood designer paper but after seeing some cards with it, I thought I'd give it a try.  This flower with the leaves was fussy cut from one of the sheets.

Thanks for coming by today!


3 comments:

Lynette said...

Fun card, Vicki! I think the pink matting looks very nice:) Pretty flower, too.

Cheryl W said...

I think your card is really pretty in its simplicity. the squares look like they are in three different sizes, and the effect of stacking them diagonally and offset is really striking. Nice work!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love it Vicki ‼
Nancy

I had a square of the Cheerful Daisy dsp and a scrap of the Pebbled Path dsp.  I die cut the daisies pieces and added them to the book binde...