Monday, July 13, 2020

STAMPIN' UP! - Happy Birthday to You (2 cards)


This stamp set is such a pretty design.  It could make a great card to use for a wedding or bridal shower as well as birthdays.  I stamped the design using Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto the card front (a heavy card stock) but even with this light color it showed through on the inside.  I trimmed it down so that the Balmy Blue Frame could be placed on top. 

I colored with SU BLenders Light & Dark Balmy Blue, Light Olive and a Gray Copic marker for the cake stand.  Then I used a portion of the stamp to do the individual flower which I fussy cut and added to the card with a foam square.


This card was done using SU Blenders Light & Dark So Saffron, Light Olive, a touch of Calypso Coral and Soft Suede for the cake stand.  I also used a set of stitched rectangles for both the So Saffron mat and the White stamped piece. When I fussy cut a second flower from the stamped image, this time I added it to the top flower on the cake.  I really like this set!

Last Saturday I participated in a second Summertime Creative Retreat which was put on by five very talented and fun Stampin' Up! demonstrators.  I hope to have some new cards from that retreat to post here very soon.

Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

What a pretty cake, Vicki! Love it in both blue and yellow. I agree - a super wedding or anniversary card. Happy Monday:) Can't wait to see your cards from the retreat.

Cheryl W said...

Pretty, pretty cards. It was such a good idea to stamp and fussy-cut one of the flowers for some extra dimension, too. This image would be so easy to coordinate with the wedding colors.

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...