Tuesday, July 14, 2020

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOYCE!



Over a month ago I saw a card that was called a "quilt".  It looked fun  to make so I tried to choose some designer papers that could look like patterns on a quilt.  After attaching the quilt pieces to a piece of white card stock, I ran the piece through the Cuttlebug using an embossing folder to give it the quilted look.  That piece was then added to the Night of Navy  card base.

Today is my friend's birthday and since she has been making a lot of quilts,  I  put this card aside and saved it for her.
Thank you for coming by today!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

It sure does look like a quilt, Vicki - and a pretty one, at that! I know that Joyce really appreciated it. Very cool.

Cheryl W said...

I would love to have a quilt that looked like this! This is so pretty. The embossing looks like the fancy stitching you see on lots of quilts, too.

Anonymous said...

Very clever!

Nancy

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...