Friday, July 24, 2020

SUMMER RETREAT - #6


#6 Outside

I've made several gift card holders for Christmas 2019 but this is a little different.  The video and sample had a light mat on top of the patterned paper.  When I was searching through my stash of designer papers I ran across this one with the hot air balloons and since I had purchased the die set from the SU clearance, I decided to go with it.  Lining the balloon with the ivory card stock served as my light colored mat.  Some retired SU card stock also just happened to match the color of some of the balloons in the paper.  (see 2 pictures below)



#6 (first opening)

To go with the theme, I pulled out a set of stamps from PapertreyInk and stamped some medium balloons on the extension which would fold down.  I'll add a sentiment inside when I decide who is getting this card.


#6 (completely open)

And finally that extended flap comes down exposing the gift card pocket.  I used the smallest hot air balloon on the front of the pocket.

At the time I am scheduling this post, I am waiting to receive some SU supplies to finish four more projects from the Retreat. I'll be posting them when I can get them completed.  

One of the challenges was to use three specific colors to make the card.  I made a card but am debating whether to show it or not because it is not one I'm proud of.  They certainly weren't colors I would normally have put together...........although I did see a card someone else made that was quite pretty.  I just didn't have the imagination to do it.  

Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Very cool the way you added that "secret" pocket on the inside of your bottom flap. The recipient will have a nice surprise when they open it. I love the hot air balloon on the front of your card. I have a couple of hot air balloon dies and have made numerous cards with them.

Lynette said...

That's a really cool way to give a gift card! Love that color blue, too. Awesome, Vicki!

On April 16 I posted a card using the 1" squares in this manner.  The post also includes a link to the video that I had watched.  After...