Friday, February 26, 2021

STAMPIN' UP! - Retired Punch


I saw a card similar to this on Pinterest and decided I wanted to make one very much like it.  I punched the flower twice with SU Honeybee Card Stock.  Then I realized that the card I saw had been stamped before it was punched.  I either had sold the coordinating stamp set or maybe never bought it, but I was stumped for a few minutes. I discovered that I have a Sharpie Extra Fine Point White paint pen.  I looked at what the stamped design would look like from the one I saw on Pinterest and simply dew in the lines onto the petals.  It worked!  The leaves are actually from the same punch.  The center of the flower is from a floral stamp set and the diagonal lines were from the SU Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.

Thank you for coming by today.............Have a great weekend!


2 comments:

Lynette said...

Great job on adding the lines, Vicki! Who needs a stamp! :) Cool card.

Cheryl W said...

Wow, that worked really well! Your card turned out great. I have used a white colored pencil to add some lighter areas to my die-cut flowers, but I haven't drawn in lines. I think I'll try that the next time I punch out or die-cut some plain-petaled flowers.

  Recently Rita Holmes had another great card but she was using the new Thoughtful Journey dsp.  My paper hadn't arrived yet so I made d...