Wednesday, September 8, 2021

ANOTHER PERSONALIZED BIRTHDAY CARD



Recently I had an order for three birthday cards.  I was given some things the parties were interested in.  This card was for a retired teacher who also loves the Iowa Hawkeyes.  One of our granddaughters had attended Iowa and I still had some black and gold papers from that time.

I had dies for numbers with a "candle" on the top of them so I thought I would try to make the front of the card look like a layered cake.  

The card base measures 6 1/2" x 5" when folded.  It is from a package of card bases & envelopes sold by Michael's.  They are a little light weight and when the outside is layered, it helps give the inside stability by adding some layers inside as well.  I punched some balloons and added them to layers that I inserted to make the inside a little more decorative.  

Thank you for coming by today!

 

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

Great idea for a personalized card! I knew immediately that was a layered birthday cake, so you definitely achieved the look you were going for. The recipient is going to love it!

   These are the other two cards I made following the video from Owl Star Stampers.  You can find a link to the video on my May 1st post. Th...