Monday, November 22, 2021

GATHER TOGETHER


Now and then I would think about the priest who married Gary and I.  I used to think it would have been nice to see him again but I knew he had gone into the Navy.  Still I would think about him especially on our anniversaries and as we would drive by the church where we were married.

Yesterday there was a sheet in our church bulletin that had the addresses of all the retired priests from our Archdiocese.  I was so excited when I saw his name and address.  Because of all the cards my friends and I make to give others and the cards I send to the local people in living centers/nursing homes, I started sending cards to the priests who have served our parish.  I have now added a new address to my list.

I immediately sat down and typed out a letter to him to thank him for his service and to let him know that we were still married after 53+ years and feeling blessed to have the life we have.  This is the card I sent him with the letter.

Thank you for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

How fun that you found out he was still alive and well, and that you sent him a card and a very special letter! I'm sure he will be thrilled and touched to receive it.

  Recently Rita Holmes had another great card but she was using the new Thoughtful Journey dsp.  My paper hadn't arrived yet so I made d...