Friday, July 8, 2022

TEARING A WINDOW

I watched two videos using this method.  One video showed the tear coming in from the left margin.  Then when the opening was finished, a small portion of the torn piece was trimmed off and then the rest rolled up and glued down.  The second one I watched had just an opening in the center of the card.  I like this technique.  If I do it again, I think I'll make the opening just a little larger.  This card has quite a large area of white.  I could add a sentiment in the upper left corner when I'm ready to use it.

Thank you for coming by today!

 

4 comments:

Wanda said...

I really like the "reveal" in this card. The torn opening is perfect!!

Lynette said...

Such a cool technique, Vicki! Lovely card.

Cheryl W said...

I think this technique would work perfectly for a masculine card. I'm going to have to look through my stamps and see if I have anything I could use for the revealed scene behind the torn section. Such a unique idea!

bonnie32002 said...

I love how you stamped on the top piece as well as all of the great images in the tear away!

The dsp I used on this is from an "In Color" set of 6 x 6 set of papers.  I thought I had to have it but have not use it very much...