Thursday, May 4, 2023

BEST WISHES


I actually made this card a few weeks ago.  I had watched someone's video for the idea.  (It might have been one from Rita Holmes.) My card actually has the diagonal pieces going the opposite direction than I had planned but that's OK.  It still works.  

The card base is 4 1/4" x 11" and scored at 5 1/2".   Then a portion of the front is cut off at an angle. A  piece of designer paper is attached to the shortened front flap. The piece that was cut away is then cut into various widths of strips and adhered to the designer paper matching the angle of the card front.  (Is that clear as mud?)  

If I make another one like this I will attach the flower a bit higher than this one.  It was fun to make something different but then there are always things I would change.

Thank you for coming by today!
 

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

That's an interesting card design. I wonder what it would look like to use colored CS for the base and then use different colored strips (coordinated with the DSP underneath) on the front. There are some good possibilities with this design. Thanks for the inspiration!

   These are two cards I made using the second format from Robin Armbrecht's video.  (You can see a link in yesterday's post.)  I li...