Monday, May 8, 2023

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!


Today's card is a CASE of one I saw on Pinterest.  As I have said before, when I am trying to use up some of my papers, I turn to Pinterest for immediate ideas. That way I don't have to "think" about what to do with the paper.  I saw this one and knew I had to do it even though it was going to take a little more time.  (That paper is my very favorite from the collection.)

I had to do a little "guessing" for measurements.  The card base is 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  I added a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of glossy gold card stock t o the front.  The dsp was cut to 3 7/8" x 4 7/8".  A 1" strip was then cut off each side of the dsp and flipped for the card.  I added the dsp to the gold piece with glue so that I had a little wiggle room but had to be very careful not to have glue ease out on the side.

The hexagon pieces were cut with the  SU "Hello Beautiful" dies.  The back layer is made with vellum.
After  cutting the Mint Macaroon leaves and the Blushing Bride sprigs,  I placed them on the card with the vellum on top but didn't attach the vellum.  Then I taped down the leaves/sprigs.  After stamping the sentiment on the pink hexagon, I glued it to the vellum.  That piece was then added over the leaves with dimensionals.

This card will be sent later this month to a high school friend who will be celebrating their 58th Wedding Anniversary.  I was in their wedding and always try to get a card off to them.

Thank you for coming by today!

 

3 comments:

Wanda said...

So pretty. I LOVE the hexagons, they add so much to a card. It's beautiful!

Cheryl W said...

Lovely card! The colors remind me of salt water taffy, and the bit of gold makes it perfect for a 50th wedding anniversary.

bonnie32002 said...

I love the color combos on this card! Really pretty!

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...