Thursday, August 25, 2011

50th ANNIVERSARY

My mother-in-law needed two 50th Anniversary cards.  I thought of the Hallmark cards I see and for this type of celebration they are usually very elegant and often have gold lettering and some embossing on the card.

I heat embossed the sentiment onto PTI Vintage Cream card stock with Egyptian Gold embossing powder.  I then cut that piece with the Spellbinders Classic Rectangle set and mounted it onto a piece made with the Scalloped rectangle......both were cut and then embossed.

The front of the card was embossed with a Craft Concepts embossing folder "Budding Vine" which I purchased from CropStop.com.  The sentiment piece was then mounted with foam squares.

Thank you for stopping by!  Your comments are always welcome..........I love hearing from you!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Very elegant and beautiful, Vicki! I bet your mother was thrilled with it, and the recipient will be, too, I'm sure.

Sheri said...

It is truly elegant and you should be very proud of it. I know you MIL will be very proud to give it to her friends

Anonymous said...

I so love - simple, but elegant! Thank you for sharing.
Linda

Linda Fisher said...

Two words - SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!

   These are two cards I made using the second format from Robin Armbrecht's video.  (You can see a link in yesterday's post.)  I li...