Friday, August 5, 2011

I LOVE BUTTERFLIES

Last spring I stopped at a Hobby Lobby to purchase something other than card supplies.  Have you ever gone into a craft store with such good intentions and the stamps just hurl themselves into your arms?  I hadn't even taken a cart or a basket and walked up to the checkout counter with an arm full!!!

The stamp is from Stampendous and was on sale for 40% off so it was a bargain as far as I was concerned. I have always liked the saying.  The stamp actually has two butterflies on it but I didn't ink them and just added the vellum butterflies in the place where they would have been.  The sentiment was stamped with VersaMark ink and then heat embossed with Egyptian Gold embossing powder.  The background paper was one I had in a paper pad.  I thought it went nicely with the butterflies I was wanting to use.

Items I can get for you at a discount:  Heat embossing gun, Embossing powders, and VersaMark ink pad & refills.

Thank you for stopping to take a look.  I always welcome your comments and enjoying hearing from you!

2 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

I love that quote as well Vicki! The butterfly stickers are beautiful.

Mary said...

Your card is very pretty Vicki. I love the stamp set that you used. Sounds like you got a good deal on the set. :)

Mary

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...