Friday, March 19, 2021

EASTER CARDS for Care Centers


The first card is one layer and one we made for the Amana Nursing Home and this year we added the West Ridge Care Center where my mother now resides.  It meant making more cards but I was determined to make it possible.  For this one I had the bunny and sentiment all lined upon the MISTI for one of my friends.  She also colored in the pink areas with a colored pencil.  I was amazed that the next day I had all 90 of them back!  I added the grass because that had to be stamped 4 times on each card and added the sentiment in each.  (Both of these facilities lost residents to Covid in out breaks so their numbers were down but if they are full capacity next year we'll aim to get enough made for them.)  The second card is below...........


My mother was a resident at Ridgeview Independent living center for 9 years.  On Palm Sunday of 2020 she fell and her health continued to decline ever since.  But my heart is still with that facility and the wonderful staff.  As long as I am able, cards will continue to be sent there.  And because I had such a long relationship with them, their cards will usually be a step above the others.  

For this one we used the same stamps but on a 3" x 4 1/4" piece of white card stock.  I still had A LOT of papers from Lasting Impressions so cut 4" x 5 1/4" pieces for the mat and then mounted them onto the white card base.

I have saved some of the Lasting Impressions papers that might work for future holiday cards for these facilities, but just recently took 2 more boxes full of the papers to the school for them to share in the several school facilities.  Our school district consists of four sites in 4 different small towns in our county.  I'm hoping that they might be interested in some of the 12" x 12" papers that I have as well.

Thank you for coming by today!  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

 

2 comments:

Lynette said...

That bunny is so sweet, Vicki! How awesome that you and your friend make so many cards for these facilities. And - oh my - you really DO have lots of Lasting Impressions paper!!!

Cheryl W said...

Your bunny card is adorable. And it's so generous of you to use your crafting skills to make so many cards for nursing home residents. I bet they are delighted to receive them!

Joey Hartman is another demonstrator that I recently discovered on YouTube.   This  video was about making 5-minute cards.  She was having s...