Wednesday, March 17, 2021

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!


 I rarely make St. Patrick's Day cards, but when I saw one similar to this, I thought I would make one for my sister's husband who is very proud of being Irish.  The shamrock leaves are punched out hearts.  First I punched three solid green leaves and added them to the white layer.  I punched out three more leaves from the dotted designer paper and creased down the center.  I used a bone folder to make the crease solid enough to run just a thin bit of Tombow glue down the back.  After the glue dried, I carefully folded the top layer of leaves up so as to give some dimension.  

My brother-in-law just has triple heart bi-pass about a month ago so I think this card will help cheer him up - although he has done remarkably well!  Very happy for him and for my sister.

Thank you for coming by today!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

What a cool idea! I'm sure he will appreciate getting the card. Best wishes to him on his recovery. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you - from a 100% Norwegian! :)

Cheryl W said...

I think your heart-constructed shamrock is perfect for someone who's just had heart surgery. The extra dimension you gave the leaves looks great! I have some really tiny, rather thin foam squares that I like to put under leaves and petals that I want to pop up a bit.

Joey Hartman is another demonstrator that I recently discovered on YouTube.   This  video was about making 5-minute cards.  She was having s...