Monday, March 1, 2021


Last week I actually had the chance to do a little "fun" shopping instead of just groceries.  I decided I wanted to make a trip to Scrapmania (Cedar Rapids, IA). I went to where I thought they were only to find out they had moved - but it wasn't much further to go so I found the new store.  When I walked in, it was WOW!  It is much larger and I think they have a lot more merchandise than before.  I was there for a long time and lucky I didn't walk out with the national debt on my credit card!

(The back story) In the summer of 2019 a big, old steam engine came through our town and people gathered around the street and highway to catch pictures of it.  The family of one of my card making friends were there with us.  Her grandson has a real love of trains.  My husband put some coins on the railroad tracks to see if he could find them afterwards.  He found one and gave it to Jacob.  You would have thought Jacob had won the lottery.  

About a week ago my friend told me that Jacob needed a surgery so I wanted to send him a card.  The main reason I went to Scrapmania was to see if they hopefully had some kind of designer paper with a train.  Luck was smiling on me!  Even better than "just a train" it was a steam engine. In order to get the full portion of the design on this card, I had to make the card 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".  

I folded a piece 8 1/2" x 11" card stock in half, lightly traced around the card base onto the designer paper and cut that portion out.  All I had to do was add the little sentiment to the front.  I typed a letter to Jacob reminding him of who we are and that we were wishing him a recovery from the surgery.  I added it as a liner to the inside of the card.  I also enclosed a package of dimension stickers that were all railroad style stickers. 

I did find a few sheets (and I mean about a dozen sheets) of designer paper.  Several are for Easter cards next year and three sheets are for autumn cards.  You'll probably see some cards from other sheets soon. 

Thank you for coming by today!

 

No comments:

Joey Hartman is another demonstrator that I recently discovered on YouTube.   This  video was about making 5-minute cards.  She was having s...